Room: Burns - L4
09:00 - 17:00
Awesome Azure Authentication Adventures
So, you know how to build an app, but all this authentication stuff in Azure is a bit of a black box for you? This is the workshop for you then! Over two days, you will dive into all practical things that are identity related in Azure, how to set it up, maintain it and how to use it in your apps!
You will not only learn how to use Azure Active Directory to protect your apps, but also to protect the environment they run in and how to use Azure AD to enforce policies for resource access.
Some of what you will learn
* The basics of OAUTH/OpenID.
* Identity concepts in Azure Active Directory.
* How to integrate your applications with Azure AD and use single-sign-on (SSO).
* How to secure your APIs using Azure AD.
* Several ways of granularly granting permissions to various resources, both by role, application or user.
* What is the difference between an app registration and a service principal?
* Getting rid of passwords and using managed identities.
* Using identity to access Azure resources.
* Role-based access control.
* Granting access to external collaborators.
* Implementing just-in-time, auditable permissions for protected resources.
* Using Azure B2C for regular consumer apps.
There will be hands-on labs you can do on-site and take home with you to reinforce the concepts and techniques you learn.
Who is this for?
Developers who want to get a better understanding of how Azure Active Directory identity works and how to use it to secure their apps and environments.
While the concepts can be used with any language, the workshop examples will be in C# on the .NET platform. No prior knowledge about Azure Active Directory or identity assumed.
Basic programming skills necessary to follow hands-on labs.
You will need to bring a computer with the latest .NET SDK and the editor of your choice (for instance Visual Studio 2022, JetBrains Rider or VS Code).