13:40 - 14:40
Talk (60 min)
Part 2/2: How to use Microsoft's Graph API
The Graph API is essential to programmatically engage with the Microsoft cloud and automate boring administrative tasks, create templates for complicate tasks and or essentially freeing up your time with mundane activity to do more fun interesting things.
The workshop will cover the following:
Setup your own demo M365 Developer Tenant
What is Graph API and what can it do?
Introduce Graph API Reference
Introduce the Graph Explorer
- Activity to use Graph Explorer
Application Registration, what is it and why?
- Activity: Register an application in Azure AD
Defining Application Scope
- Activity: Grant access to M365 tenant
- Activity: Set a password
Using a certificate to authenticate API access
Postman for API development
- Activity: Setup postman to use with Graph API
Using scripts with Graph API
- Activity: Writing scripts to GET data
- Activity: Writing scripts to POST data
Securing your password
- Activity: Methods to protect client secrets
Securing the application authentication
- Activity: Restricting access to application with conditional access.
All participants will get access to learning website full instructions and example scripts and links to supporting documentation.
While Microsoft Graph is the vehicle being used in this session the lessons learned will allow the participant to connect to and use any other RESTful API with confidence.
The participants will learn how to access API's and begin their journey in programmatically evolving their workflows.